Friday 10 October 2008

A Place in the Auvergne, Thursday, 9th October 2008

0902


IW:

I went away when autumn was still trying to be crisp, yellow and dry, but I have returned to wet mulch and mast and greens gone brown, yellows golden, browns maroon. The maize is harvested, fields ploughed and planted.

I follow neither the news nor the weather when I am in The Shop. I think there was heavy rain one evening, a blue morning, I think it was generally mild. I wonder if the markets follow the seasons, for as many leaves fell as index points during the days this week that I have been away. I have followed the inevitable arrival of this crash for so long this year, I have no regrets 'missing' its climax or the end of Act I.

For some it will have brought ruin. Here it brought walnuts and the end of good mushrooming, the fungus covered with fallen leaves.

The return was good. Good to be home, but I return inspired, with ideas for books and blogs, businesses and 2009. I'm excited by the year ahead and must get my thoughts down on paper while they are fresh in my mind.


THE SHOP TO THE VALLEY












































THE VALLEY




































































































ALL PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT IAN WALTHEW 2008



A Place in My Country
Ian Walthew
Farm Blogs From Around the World


Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Living in France
Blogs about France

Paris Montmartre Abbesses holiday Vacation rental apartment

No comments: