Monday 4 February 2008

Friday, 1st February, 2008

0848






BAGHADAD
Two women suicide bombers killed 65 people and wounded 149 at Baghdad pet markets on Friday, inflicting the bloodiest day on the Iraqi capital in six months...
One witness, Mohmammed Qasem, 35, a roadside vendor at Ghazil, said he saw the woman minutes before the explosion, apparently behaving normally.
"She was guiding a small kid with her and she wasn't uncomfortable at all because she was walking and looking behind her," he said. "The child who was with her stopped near me when I saw her for the last time, and a few seconds later the explosion happened and I was thrown a couple of meters away from my booth.
"I recognized her later when I saw the head but the child had vanished and, and I want to know what ahppend to him because I can't forget the innocent look in his eyes."

NEW YORK
By any measure, Exxon Mobil's performance last year was a blowout.
Thanks to surging oil prices, the company beat its own record for the highest profit ever recorded by a U.S. company, with net income rising 3 percent to $40.6 billion last year. The company's sales - over $404 billion - exceeded the gross domestic product of all but the 24 richest countries in the world.

No comments: