Sunday 17 August 2008

Wednesday, 13th August 2008



0901
IW: I'm 'on holiday'; that is to say I am not in The Valley, I am in The Shop. It doesn't really matter where I am. There are a lot of people, a lot of shops and there is plenty of money on view. The newsfast continues.




EMAIL:

From: Neville

Date: 13 August 2008 09:39

To: info AT ianwalthew.com

Subject: Response to "A Place in My Country"

Dear Ian


A wonderful enjoyable read.

I live in a village close to the Oxford ring road and have a sense of what life must have been like in the more rural setting you lived in.

I identified with many of the comments on the changing rural scene by many of your characters especially the minister who christened your daughter Annie a bit of a nut but right on the button with his comments about the "toffs" and their Buy British hipocrasy.

Thank you for allowing me to share yours and Hannah's experiences.

The way you were both became accepted by a such a wide variety of characters and personalities and absorbed into their private world was a revelation.

As an avid reader of mainly biographical non fiction I know that everything written is an editorial exercise in looking for reader acceptance and satisfaction you and your editorial team have done a wonderful job.

I look forward to reading your autobiography in due course.

Having this opportunity to express my appreciation is a bonus.

Best Wishes to you Han and the family.

Neville


ALL PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT IAN WALTHEW 2008

No comments: